Many people every year search for a safe and secure way to store their important documents, deeds, and other valuables. Banks often get a lot of these clients because they are the most well-known safe deposit providers. However, banks are not as secure as people may think, and accessing your valuables may become a hassle. If you are looking for a reliable, safe, and secure storage option for your valuables, iSafe Safety Deposit Boxes may be right for you.
What is a Bank Box?
A bank box is a deposit box offered by your bank to protect your valuables. The downside to opening up a safe deposit box in your bank is that all of the above items will only be available for you to access during normal banking hours.
What is a Private Safe Box?
Private safe boxes are safety deposit boxes owned by private companies that function in the same way a bank box does. They protect your valuables and important documents. These companies can have varying hours of operation, however, many of them offer 24/7 service and extended hours for those who can’t make the normal 9-5 hours that banks offer.
What Can I Keep in My Safe Box?
There are a variety of items that can be stored in these boxes, though most people tend to store the following:
- Important documents- This could include home deeds, adoption papers, birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, and citizenship documents.
- Copies of documents- Sometimes placing important documents may not be smart, so instead, keeping copies of insurance information, contracts, bonds, and any other similar documentation may be better.
- Valuable items- If you have any family heirlooms, expensive jewelry, or other items of high value, they may be a lot safer in a safe box as opposed to your home.
It is recommended that all of these items be insured in case of an emergency situation where they may be at risk.
Why You Should Choose a Private Safe Box Over a Bank Box
Bank boxes, though a historical staple, have become outdated in comparison to privately-owned safe deposit box companies. Some of the benefits of privately owned safe deposit boxes are:
- They are more convenient- In the days where you would have to go to a physical bank anyways, visiting your safe deposit box in the same location was convenient and saved gas and time. These days, people don’t tend to visit their physical banks very often and may not be able to arrive during normal banking hours to retrieve or place items in their bank box. iSafe Deposit Boxes offer a 24/7 service so you won’t have to worry about not making it in time, you can come at your convenience, including on the weekends.
- They are safer- Privately-owned safety deposit box companies often require extra safety measures to ensure that no one other than you and any other designated owner of the box has access to it. At iSafe, part of our security measures includes an iris scan to confirm your identity.
- They offer private viewing rooms- The only people who have access to your box are you and any other authorized person that you appoint. When going to visit your box you will be alone in a private room without cameras so you don’t need to worry about anyone seeing the contents of your box.
When choosing a security box, consider a company that keeps your valuables in mind when implementing their security and privacy measures.